Some pages to read
Cross-Country Flying is written for every Pilot who want to fly far. XC novices will find the basics, but I am sure every pilot will find some interisting things he never thought about. With all the pictures it is easy to read and understand. For pilots speaking poor english, the book is perfect to learn the language.
In the following I have provided 6 pages to read.
“Cross-Country Flying for Paraglider and Hang Glider Pilots” It is the perfect supplementary to “Thermal Flying”. It comes in hardcover, has 240 pages, 500 pictures and costs 32,95€.
● Planning a cross-country flight
● Online contest rules and tactics
● Cross-country weather
● Sources of weather information
● Cross-country flying for beginners
● Tactics, dolphin style, lee thermals, crossings
● The last few kilometres
● Flatland flying
● Flight analysis
● Tips for thermalling
● Speed-to-fly or McCready?
● Six best Alpine site descriptions
● Eight Interviews with the world’s top cross-country pilots
● Six impressions of the world´s top XC sites
● The detailed site decriptions are: Fiesch (CH), Fanas (CH) Pinzgau (A), Speikboden (I) Greifenburg (A) and Annecy (F).
● The interviews are with: Chrigel Maurer (CH) Jocky Sanderson (GB), Torsten Hahne (D), Mads Syndergaard (DK), Karel Vejchodsky (CZ), Heli Eichholzer (A) and Ewa Wisnierska (D)
● The site impressions are from: Quixada (BR), Manilla (AUS), Iquique (CL), De Aar (SA), Rift Valley (KEN), and Piedrahita (E)